WINNIPEG — UPDATE: As of approximately 8:30 p.m. Saturday, all thunderstorm watches and warnings for southeastern Manitoba had ended.
EARLIER: Much of southern Manitoba could see severe thunderstorms Saturday night.
Environment Canada said it is tracking a line of severe thunderstorms capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to toonie size hail and heavy rain.
The weather service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the following areas:
- Steinbach – St. Adolphe – Emerson – Vita – Richer area
- Sprague – Northwest Angle Provincial Forest
- Whiteshell – Lac du Bonnet – Pinawa
Environment Canada has also issued thunderstorm watches for:
- Bissett – Victoria Beach – Nopiming Prov. Park – Pine Falls
- City of Winnipeg
- Dugald – Beausejour – Grand Beach
- Selkirk – Gimli – Stonewall – Woodlands
If threatening weather approaches, Environment Canada says to take cover immediately.
It is also reminding residents that lightning kills and injures Canadians every year.
View original article here Source