Parts of southeastern Manitoba are under severe thunderstorm warnings and watches Saturday afternoon.
A strong thunderstorm is moving east across the province, stretching from the city of Steinbach and surrounding areas to the Sprague and moving north to the Whiteshell, Environment Canada reports.
The thunderstorm may be severe at times, the weather agency said around 3:45 p.m., and is capable of producing damaging wind, large hail and torrential rain.
The warning includes the R.M. of Hanover, including Steinbach, Niverville and Grunthal, the R.M. of La Broquerie, including Marchand, the R.M. of Ste. Anne, including Richer, the R.M. of Reynolds, including Ste. Rita, Hadashville and Rennie, and the R.M. of Piney, including Sandilands and Sprague.
A severe thunderstorm watch is also in effect which includes the following areas:
- Municipality of Rhineland, including Altona, Plum Coulee and Gretna.
- R.M. of Montcalm, including St. Jean Baptiste.
- R.M. of Morris including Rosenort and Aubigny.
- R.M. of Roland including Jordan and Myrtle.
- R.M. of Stanley including Winkler and Morden.
- R.M. of Thompson including Miami, Rosebank and Deerwood.
The weather agency will keep updating watches and warnings online as the day continues.
More from CBC Manitoba:
View original article here Source