Province announces new COVID-19 cases, cancels daily news conference for Saturday

By | April 25, 2020

WINNIPEG — Manitoba health officials have said there will not be a COVID-19 news conference held this Saturday, but have announced four new cases of the virus in Manitoba.

Health officials announced the new cases through a news release Saturday afternoon, saying this brings the total number of lab-confirmed and probable cases of the virus to 267 in Manitoba.

There are currently 62 active cases of the virus, and so far 199 people have recovered from COVID-19, health officials said.

Seven people are in hospital, including two people who are in intensive care. The number of deaths remains at six.

There were 435 tests completed at the Cadham Provincial Laboratory on Friday, bringing the total number of tests completed since early February to 22,598.

READ MORE: Province discusses lifting restrictions as one new COVID-19 case announced

This is a developing story. More to come.

View original article here Source