Premier Brian Pallister to give details on Phase 3 of Manitoba’s reopening plan

By | June 17, 2020

Manitoba will announce more details of Phase 3 of its reopening strategy on Wednesday afternoon.

The draft plan for the province’s next phase of reopening, released last week, offered a look into what the government was considering. It suggested dropping self-isolation requirements for some interprovincial travellers and increasing gathering sizes.

The province said in a news release early Wednesday afternoon that Phase 3 of the reopening plan will come into effect this Sunday, June 21.

Premier Brian Pallister is set to give more details of what will be included in Phase 3 at a news conference at 1 p.m. CBC News will live stream the announcement here.

The draft plan also touched on rules for spaces including schools, daycares, restaurants and golf courses.

While the relaxed travel rules in the draft plan only applied to people coming from Western Canada and northwestern Ontario, Pallister said he was open to input on whether other regions, like the Maritimes, should also be included in the eased restrictions. 

The draft plan also suggested increased occupancy limits at businesses including restaurants, bars and breweries could be coming.

Meanwhile, casinos and movie theatres will not be included in Phase 3, Pallister said. Easing of those restrictions will depend on how the next phase of the reopening goes.

The province announced two new cases of COVID-19 in the province on Wednesday.

That brings the total since the start of the pandemic to 306.

Six of those cases are still active, the province said. Seven people have died and 292 have recovered.

No one is in hospital with the illness caused by the coronavirus as of Wednesday.

View original article here Source