WINNIPEG — A 24-year-old man is facing charges in connection with multiple fires in May, Winnipeg police announced Friday.
In mid-May, the major crimes unit began investigating fires throughout Winnipeg that were considered suspicious.
As the investigation unfolded, officers found a suspect they believed was linked to the fires.
On May 19, 2020, police arrested Robert Alan Ingram, 24.
He has been charged with:
- Three counts of arson with the disregard for human life;
- 18 counts of arson with damage to property;
- 14 counts of possessing incendiary material;
- Possessing an incendiary device;
- Possessing a weapon; and
- Possessing methamphetamine.
The charges are related to the following addresses:
- May 16, 400 block of Aulneau Street;
- May 16, St. Boniface Hospital;
- May 17, 500 block of Leila Avenue;
- May 17, 2400 block of Main Street;
- May 18, 1st hundred block of Litz Place;
- May 18, 500 block of Munroe Avenue;
- May 18, 1600 block of Main Street;
- May 18, 300 block of Poplar Avenue;
- May 18, 300 block of Seven Oaks Avenue;
- May 18, 1st hundred block of Hanna Street;
- May 18, 400 block of Southhall Drive;
- May 18, 1700 block of Main Street;
- May 18, 500 block of Selkirk Avenue; and
- May 18, 500 block of Pritchard Avenue.
Ingram is currently in police custody.
The charges against him have not been tested in court.
View original article here Source