Person with COVID-19 who visited Blumenort diner while sick among 3 new cases in Manitoba

By | June 19, 2020

A person with COVID-19 who went to a diner in Blumenort, Man., while sick is among a total of three new cases in the province announced Friday.

The individual had symptoms when they went to JT’s Store and Diner on Penner Drive around 6 p.m. on June 10, the province wrote in the late-afternoon release, which announced two new COVID-19 cases.

The two new cases, a man and woman in the Southern health region, were identified late Friday afternoon, the province said.

Both people are in their 50s.

Earlier in the day, the province announced one new case in the Winnipeg health region. Provincial data shows the patient is a man in his 40s.

A spokesperson for the province said the public health investigation into that case is ongoing, and no further information is available at this time.

No one is currently in hospital or intensive care with the illness, the province wrote in that news release.

11 active cases

Friday’s cases bring the number of active cases in Manitoba to 11, and 311 confirmed and probable cases since the start of the pandemic.

A total of 293 people have recovered. Seven have died.

On Thursday, 626 tests were completed, bringing Manitoba’s total to 56,317 since early February.

The province is reminding Winnipeggers that hours of operation at the community testing site in Thunderbird House on Winnipeg’s Main Street have changed.

The site will no longer be open on weekends. It will operate Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will also be closed on Monday for National Indigenous Peoples Day.

A list of COVID-19 screening locations is available on the province of Manitoba’s website.

View original article here Source