One person taken to hospital following accidental fire in West Kildonan

By | May 18, 2020

WINNIPEG — One person was taken to hospital after a fire in West Kildonan Monday evening.

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to the fire shortly after 6 p.m. in the first block of William Whiteway Bay. The city said when crews arrived, they encountered heavy smoke coming from the house. 

The fire was declared under control shortly before 7 p.m. 

The city said the sole occupant of the home self-evacuated prior to the arrival of crews. They were assessed on scene by paramedics, and transported to hospital in stable condition. 

When crews were searching the home, they found a dog and brought it to safety. 

The cause of the fire was accidental due to a flammable liquid coming into contact with a heat source, said the city. 

No damage estimates are available at this time. 

View original article here Source