WINNIPEG — Manitoba’s premier outlined the plan to open the province’s non-essential businesses on Wednesday.
Pallister announced the multi-phase plan will begin next week, on May 4, to open some businesses and increase recreation opportunities, including non-essential healthcare and retail businesses.
The premier made the announcement at a news conference on Wednesday.
“Today’s good news and it’s good news because of you,” said Pallister, noting it’s a day people have been looking forward to.
The premier noted “there’s no room for complacency” against COVID-19 and thanks residents for the actions they’ve supported so far. He said we have to continue to do some of these measures to keep people safe.
“This is not an announcement about a return to normal,” said Pallister,
Pallister also said he’s thinking of all the families who have suffered a loss or been impacted by COVID-19.
This is a developing story, more details to come.
View original article here Source