Manitoba’s education minister will make an announcement about the province’s back-to-school plan on Wednesday afternoon, ahead of next week’s return to classes.
CBC News will live stream the news conference with Kelvin Goertzen here at 12:15 p.m.
Parents in Manitoba have been getting more information this week about what the Sept. 8 return to classes will look like at their kids’ schools.
In the Pembina Trails School Division, students who live with someone who has a compromised immune system will now have the option to access remote learning this school year, the division said on Monday.
That was a departure from the province’s back-to-school plan, which only allowed that option for students who were immunocompromised themselves.
Parents of nearly 300 students in the Louis Riel School Division learned last week that their kids will go to different schools this fall to create space for physical distancing.
Face masks are also now mandatory for students in all grades on the bus, the province said on Tuesday. Previously, the plan was to only require students in Grade 4 and up to wear face coverings while on board.
View original article here Source