WINNIPEG — The province is advising of a confirmed case of COVID-19 at another school in Manitoba.
Tuesday evening, the province announced there had been a confirmed case of COVID-19 in St. Maurice School on September 17 and 18.
The province said the school, which is a private K-12 school in Winnipeg, is working with public health officials and had immediately closed off the areas used by the infected person. These areas were not used again until after cleaning and disinfection occurred.
“Be assured that public health investigations to identify individuals who may have been exposed begin within 24 hours of a confirmed laboratory test,” the province said. “Anyone identified as a close contact will be contacted and provided instructions for self-isolation (quarantine). Testing may also be recommended.”
The province said the exposure is assessed as low risk and the infection was not acquired at the school.
The province did not say if any cohorts within the school have been affected.
CTV News will update this story when more information is available.
View original article here Source